Monday, September 23, 2013

Farmers Market Envy

With only a month or so left in the farmers market season in my area, I need to make a conscious effort to get there more often. I went to my town's market fairly regularly at the beginning of the summer, but I've been feeling uninspired by it since coming back from Maine, where I stumbled upon an amazing one. It was small but well represented with vendors selling everything from produce, breads, and cheeses to flowers, homemade wine, and, of course, fresh lobster, crowded with locals who probably line up every Sunday morning to get a coffee and stock upon their locally grown treats for the week.















My biggest regret was that I didn't have the means to bring home anything and had to limit myself to browsing and snapping some pictures.

What's the best thing at your local farmer's market?

4 comments:

  1. i love the flowers! happy fall to you, n

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are gorgeous! I tend to look for the tomatoes and corn on the cob. Another favorite is the locally made jams and jellies--they remind me of my grandmother. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails