Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Taking Pictures of Food

This is officially the last post you'll see about my trip to Maine. I intentionally saved the food recap for the end because I've only just gotten to the point where I'm no longer sick of lobster! At nearly every meal, I ate lobster in some form: lobster rolls, lobster tacos, lobster stew, lobster cobb salad, lobster mac & cheese. It was all delicious, so of course I couldn't resist taking a few pictures at the table:

Two examples of lobster rolls, plus some blueberry beer.


Lobster mac & cheese and in its more traditional form from Nunan's Lobster Hut, a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant near Kennebunkport where the atmosphere is rustic and the menu is basically just a matter of choosing what size lobster you want.  Then, for a little variety, organic, free range chicken with blueberry barbecue sauce from Bandaloop, one of my favorite restaurants anywhere.


Last but not least, tollhouse and blueberry pies, and one of the famous popovers from The Jordan Pond House in Acadia Park.

And with that, I think it's about time for lunch. Suddenly my turkey sandwich seems pretty uninspired.

1 comment:

  1. I will have to check out Bandaloop this weekend! We are going up to Ogunquit (and dinner in Kennebunkport @ The Hurricane).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails