Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Back to School Bars

Certain flavors are naturally associated with certain holidays. Pumpkin for Thanksgiving, gingerbread or peppermint for Christmas....maybe cherries for President's Day. The baking I did over the weekend made me realize that there's also a flavor that's perfect for the unofficial holiday that is Back to School, and that's peanut butter and jelly. The PB&J Bars  I made from a recipe from The Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook were an unexpectedly light (in texture, not in calories) treat that blended subtle peanut butter flavor with strawberry jelly and a vanilla glaze. They'd be a perfect dessert to celebrate someone's first day of school, or to just mark the start of the fall.


It looks like someone posted the recipe here, if you're interested. There are just a few days left in September to make them before pumpkin seasons hits.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, these look so good! I love PB&J and hardly ever eat them so I would love to try these out. Maybe this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fabulous and I think I just saw the woman from the cookbook on an episode of Paula Deen the other day. She's a lot of fun! I should definitely give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I saw a little bit of that episode, too. It looks like it would be a fun bakery to visit.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails