Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Fancies

My blog posts have been becoming slightly fewer and farther between lately, partially due to an intentional slow down and partially due to the fact that I mentally checked out for summer vacation a bit early. Now my body will have a chance to catch up with my brain as I go on an actual summer vacations. This will be my last Friday post for a couple of weeks, so I'll leave you with a few things to check out, plus a couple of upcoming things I have scheduled for while I'm away.


(image via here)

As the Olympics start to wind down, check out this BBC tool to find out which athlete is your body type match.

NPR's list of the top 100 YA books ever. I'm glad to see some favorites on there, like A Separate Peace and I Capture the Castle, but I'd definitely argue with their positions on the list.

I just recently got a bamboo plant for my apartment. Based on my track record with house plants, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If this one goes, then I may have to limit myself to these plants from now on.

What a fun looking low key wedding.

And also from Etsy, a summer reading roundup with some corresponding handmade and vintage items. After seeing this list I realized that I've heard enough about Georgette Heyer books now that I feel I need to give her a try. Any recommendations for me?

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to check out that olympic body match thing, sounds interesting! I've been finding myself slowing down with the blogging as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Heyer yet, but I hope to soon. Lisa from TBR 313 recommended 'Cotillion' as the best place to start for a Heyer newbie.
    Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful vacation. Keep us posted on which Heyer book you read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. have a lovely vacation! we'll miss you, but come visit when you get back.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails