Monday, June 4, 2012

A Royal Time

Have you gotten to see any of the festivities going on in England for Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee celebration? I've been enjoying all the glimpses I've been able to get, especially some of those posted by British-based bloggers (like this one and this one).

Since, unfortunately, the U.S. didn't decide to take a two day holiday to help honor our neighbors across the pond, I'm left to get into the spirit of things by trolling for images online. Here are some of my favorites:

A portrait of the young Queen.



A glimpse of the river pagent of boats on the Thames.


The Queen on her boat. I heard she stood for four hours straight during the cruise, in the rain! Pretty impressive for a lady of her age.



Kate, riding on the Queen's boat, wearing yet another enviable hat.


A less enviable outfit on Princess Anne. I know next to nothing about her, but I can't help feeling like she's missing out on the fun of dressing up that the female Royals usually get to enjoy.



All of London looks to be decked out, from hotels....



 ...to shop windows...


...and even a Banksy!




Are you following the events in England? Have you seen any great images of the Jubilee? Do share!

(images via: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)



1 comment:

  1. Why do I sometimes think that the UK is a fairy tale version of real life? Royalty is so much fun! She must be one of the only queens to reign that long, right? Back in the olden days they didn't live that long (for one reason or another...).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails