Tuesday, June 12, 2012

On the Line

Over the weekend I made my first visit to The High Line, a park built on a long-abandoned elevated railroad track that runs along the west side of Manhattan. It only took three years and a visit from my friend Lara to prompt me to finally go. Although I'd seen enough picture of it to know what to expect, I was surprised at how peaceful it was. The natural, undone feel of the landscaping provides a respite from the city below while the great views provide a new perspective on the typical urban landscape--as well as a voyeuristic peek into some of the fancy apartments that run along it! Definitely worth a return trip.














1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to visit The High Line forever. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails