Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Just for Fun

I had initially planned to devote today's post to The Marriage Plot, but found myself suffering from a bit of a fried brain due to the unseasonably early heat we've been having. When I saw this meme--a garden themed story where, in Mad Libs fashion, you fill in the blanks with titles of the books you've read this year--I knew it was just about all I was cut out for today. Take a look below for the result.


(image via here)

Early this morning as I was Loving/ Living/ Party Going, I stepped out of The Night Circus into the garden and bent down to touch The Moonflower Vine.

As dawn broke and I took in my surroundings, I noticed several things: Peter Pan was struggling due to Rules of Civility and The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt had been dug up in The Winter Sea under Glaciers, but with help from Maisie Dobbs and knowledge gleaned from The Marriage Plot, I was able to bury it with The Sense of an Ending.

Later, The Pioneer Woman popped in to take a cutting or two; she told me You Deserve Nothing, but pointed out that it was Midnight in Austenland.

Taking a well-earned rest from weeding and chatting over the wall with The Girls of Slender Means from next door, I mentioned The Murder at the Vicarage and remarked on Sydney Chambers and the Shadow of Death, but then after 1Q84, we said And Then There Were None and I went back to do a little light pruning.

My garden was once Wildwood but tending it is a joy and part of Housekeeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails