Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday Fancies

Don't you just love this image? It's a public service poster that was created in 1941 as part of a WPA program. As soon as I stumbled across it I knew it was perfect for the first Friday of the new month.

So what book have you always meant to read? Will you read it in March?

(image via here)

In other news:

I'm pretty sure I pinned almost every image of this charmingly vintage home.

Here's a simple Photoshop tutorial for fledgling photographers (like myself!).

Some whimsical, tea inspired art.

And good news for fans of I Capture the Castle. It seems as though some of Dodie Smith's other novels are being rereleased soon.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I am so excited about the Dodie Smith novels! You made my Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Photoshop tutorial will come in handy someday!
    I love that poster - I am reading Anna Karenina this month. It's definitely something I've always wanted to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH! Hugely excited about the Dodie Smith books! Thanks huge heaps for sharing the news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news about Dodie Smith! And I love that poster. I will have to think about your question. Maybe "War and Peace"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's great news about Dodie Smith! I loved I Capture the Castle. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! March seems like a perfect time to tackle a book you've always wanted to read. I just finished F. Scott Fitzgerald's "The Beautiful and Damned." It had been on my list for some time : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails