Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Fancies

Today's post sets a new record as my biggest roundup of Friday Fancies yet. There were just too many great finds this week to even try to edit them down.

(image via here)

I'd love to recreate this day trip to Bainbridge Island in Washington.

Remember these book collections? Here's a tutorial on how you can make your own.

I discovered that the Nancy Mitford archive has a nice little website. I didn't necessarily learn anything new or earth shattering about her, but it's definitely worth a quick look for Mitford fans.

I was interested to see this roundup of some of Francoise Gilot's art. Not only has she had a interesting life, but it reminded me of going to hear her speak at a lecture during the first few weeks of my freshman year of college. (I remember feeling like it was my first real cultural, intellectual college event!)

And sticking with the art theme, these are some cool pieces that hint at the hidden interior lives of people on the streets of Paris.

I'd love to own one of these amazing handmade books, although I'd never be able to bring myself to write in them.

Here's a fun look at outfits inspired by Murakami covers.

And if all of that still isn't enough for you, check out this blog devoted to book photography. I sense a lot of Pinterest material here!

1 comment:

  1. I love Nancy Mitford! I'll definitely be checking the website out.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails