Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Summer So Far

Does anyone else feel shocked that the last few weeks of summer are here already? Every year I seem to fall into the same trap. I start out the season with a high level of anticipation, as excited as if I had the entire summer off. Then July 4th comes and goes and in the blink of an eye it's nearly Labor Day, with cooler mornings that hint of the fall to come.

This summer, I had planned to take tons of pictures and share some posts about the real Jersey Shore. Now there's just a couple of weeks left to the season and I still haven't gotten around to that. Maybe I'll have to change my plan and do something about the locals-only, off-season at the shore. In the meantime, here are a few of the pictures I have managed to take while at the shore. (You'll see that I didn't make it far beyond my mom's garden.)


Is there anything left on your summer To Do list?

2 comments:

  1. I hear you. I had plans, man. I was going to print billions of photos, finally make albums of, like, our honeymoon...never happened. I was also going to deep clean our apartment, write a book, and take up running. Maybe something will get checked off before next Wednesday (when the new semester starts). Probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely flowers! (And shoes...)

    For me it's not so much worrying about the things I haven't done this summer... it's more disappointment that we haven't actually had a summer. Here in the UK the weather has been miserable.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails