Friday, July 22, 2011

The Hangman's Daughter

I first heard about The Hangman's Daughter quite some time ago when I saw it touted as one of the top selling books for the Kindle. A translation of a German bestseller, it was first published exclusively by Amazon and has since been picked up for wider, print publication.







This was one of the freebies I picked up at BEA, and I'll admit that I wasn't all that excited about reading it (Germany in the 1600's isn't an era I normally like to lose myself in). Luckily for me, the book ended up exceeding my modest expectations. I found myself pulled into the engaging mystery, following a benevolent hangman as he races to discover who or what is abducting and murdering children in his village before a full scale (literal) witch hunt develops. Probably not a something everyone will love, but if a copy happens to fall into your lap, I'd say give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails