Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Boy Bloggers and Walmart Wardrobes


My daily web surfing includes stops at quite a few fashion blogs. I always love discovering new ones and two that I recently found out about put their own unique twists on the genre.

The Midwestyle covers clothes, style inspiration, and even a bit of thrifting. It's written by a few recent college grads living in the Midwest...who just happen to be guys. It's an interesting change to pace to see the male perspective on fashion blogging and the writing has just enough snark to make it entertaining to read about things like belts and messenger bags.


Penny Chic features an outfit today designed around a specific theme- Architect Chic, Museum Docent Chic, Secret Agent Chic. The caveat is that every item in the outfit is something from Walmart. Now I'll admit to being a little skeptical about a few of the outfits. In my mind, Walmart clothing is often cut skimpy and made of strange fabric, and some of the items shown seem to fall into that category. But I do really like the idea behind the blog. It may even inspire me to give the clothing department another look the next time I'm at a Walmart.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely will be checking out the first one - sounds fun and interesting! Thanks for sharing :)

    xoxo
    Christine
    www.aquietdetermination.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails