Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Vintage Dishes

When I first moved into my apartment, I really liked the idea of mixing and matching vintage china patterns to create an eclectic dinnerware set. I succumbed to necessity, though, and bought some functional but basic plates, bowls, and mugs from Target. My mom recently gave me a some prettier pieces to start out my collection.

A set of dinner plates from Goodwill, with coordinating but not matching dessert plates that my mom had in her own cabinets. The scalloped edge on the dessert plate is my favorite detail.

A set of teacups and saucers...

...plus a single, vintage-inspired teacup and saucer from HomeGoods.

And this lovely cake stand, procured when my mom "shopped" her own cabinets. Look for some home-baked treats to be photographed on this in the near future.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails