Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Worst Book Award

I have to preface this by saying that I'm not someone who automatically disparages all chick-lit. I've certainly read and enjoyed my fair share (see here, here, and here for proof).

Now that that's out of the way, I can say that Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger is officially one of the worst book's I've ever read.

You might be wondering why the bad title and cover didn't tip me off in the first place. My thought process in picking it was a) I found the book for $1 at a church book sale; b) it said it was by the author of The Devil Wears Prada, which was a decent enough movie; and c) I thought it would be a nice, quick, light read on the heels of the sometimes heavy Little Bee, perfect for the holiday time when I was more interested in baking and watching Christmas movies than reading.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that I can't remember ever disliking a book so much while I was reading it as I did with this one. Something made me stick with it to the very end, which only confirmed the bad impression that I had formed at the beginning. My biggest problem with it was that the characters were beyond stereotypical- I literally hated them during every moment of the book.

Not only does this win the award for one of my least-favorite books, but I think this post might win the award for the most scathing book review I've ever done on this blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails