Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mad Men the Musical

Last night I saw Promises Promises on Broadway. Commercials on TV have been promoting it as "Mad Men the Musical" and I have to say that it was pretty close. It's set in the same early 60's corporate Manhattan world as Mad Men, with the added bonus of being extremely funny.



Going into the show, I had a feeling that I was going to like it. I ended up loving it. Kristen Chenoweth was great, as expected, and Sean Hayes was completely hilarious. I was laughing throughout the whole show (and I mean serious laughing, not just vague chuckling). I'm not the kind of person who sees everything (or even many things) on Broadway, but I would highly recommend this one to anyone who was thinking about seeing a show.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails