Wednesday, July 21, 2010

More Funny Essays

I can't say that I'm a true fan of The Daily Show because I rarely watch it, and rarely even think to watch it. I may want to start now, though, after reading Samantha Bee's very, very funny book of essays/ memoirs I Know I Am But What Are You? I decided to read this on a whim after reading a review that covered both this and Sloane Crosley's book and I'm glad I did. Her essays start at her Canadian childhood and end with a dude ranch vacation with her husband. Each new story has a little reference back to something she talked about in a previous one, so it feels like you're a part of the inside joke. It's a good summer reading book- light and easy, and it made me laugh out loud quite a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails