Friday, June 11, 2010

Purple Violets

I'd be willing to be that almost nobody has heard of the movie Purple Violets, starring Selma Blair, Patrick Wilson, Debra Messing, and Edward Burns, who also directed it. I hadn't until it popped up on Netflix as a recommended movie for me. After looking it up, I found out that it was originally a movie released solely on itunes by Apple, and then was later released on DVD.

Unlike what I imagine most straight to DVD releases to be like, this was actually really good. It's about the relationships of a foursome of college friends, including two writers, now in their early thirties. Although it's a pretty quiet film- no crazy, dramatic plot twists or anything- it's really well done and makes good use of it's New York setting. I enjoyed it and would recommend it.










No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails