Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscar Dresses

Like just about everyone else, I spent last night watching the Oscars. The awards were predictable and the show was kind of boring, but the dresses were great. Thought I'd put my two cents in and show some of my favorites.

Vera Farmiga- I love the ruffles on this dress. It's an example of a structured, architectural dress that doesn't look too stiff.

Elizabeth Banks- There were a lot of strapless gowns with elaborate skirts last night. This one was my favorite of that group.

Maggie Gyllenhaal- I never would have thought that I would like a floral-print evening gown, but I just really like her whole look, including her simple jewelry and bright lipstick.

Anna Kendrick- Really like the soft pink color with her pale skin tone.

Kate Winslet- I kind of overlooked this last night, but the more I see it, the more I like it. It's elegant, but it looks comfortable, like something a normal person could wear.

And one runner up??
Carey Mulligan- I'm on the fence about this. At first I wasn't crazy about it, and I'm not a huge fan of the short in front, long in back shape. It started to grow on me though when I saw that the beading on the top of the dress is actually little silver charms in the shape of forks, knives, spoons, and scissors. For some reason I like the idea of that quirky little detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails