Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New Music

Get ready readers, today I'm boldly experimenting with embedding videos in my post to share some of my favorite new (or at least new to me) music!

I've suddenly become a full-fledged She & Him fan. I never was before, even though I liked them well enough, but I had the urge to listen to them after watching (500)Days of Summer. I downloaded their new CD, Volume Two, last week and ever since then have literally been listening to it nonstop when I'm at my desk at work. And that's a lot of repeats, considering that it's only 45 minutes long. Their songs all have a mellow 50's/60's pop vibe that tends to invoke dancing around my apartment. How can this video not make you smile?



I heard "Home" by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros randomly on the radio one day and instantly became obsessed with it. They're this crazy alternative/ folk/ gospel-ish band that has about a dozen members, including a singer that looks like Jesus and a trumpet player that looks like Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite. I think this song is one part June Carter & Johnny Cash, one part Sonny & Cher, and one part 60's commune. Inexplicably, I love it.



1 comment:

  1. I love that Magnetic Zeros song too, and I love your description of it! Perfect. A friend put it on a mix CD for me and I have been whistling it ever since.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails