Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mini-Loaf

Over the weekend I made mini-turkey meat loafs (loaves?). The recipe is from the book Cook Yourself Thin that I picked up on a whim a while ago, not because I'm actually trying to cook myself thin, but because it seemed like it had lots of easy recipes that sneak extra veggies into unexpected dishes. This particular recipe calls for an entire bag of fresh spinach to be mixed in with one package of ground turkey, among other ingredients. It makes four mini loafs that are perfect for freezing and reheating.

I can't decide if this picture makes it look good or not, but trust me, it's delicious. The glaze on top is my own addition- a mixture of ketchup and brown sugar.

On a related dinner note, am I the only one who gets nervous cooking a baked potato in the microwave? All that sizzling and hissing makes me think it's going to explode!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails