Sunday, January 3, 2010

Longwood Gardens

The holidays are officially over, but I have a recap of one last festive trip: Longwood Gardens.

Longwood Gardens is a botanical garden in southeastern Pennsylvania. It's located on the grounds of what was once the DuPont estate. I first went there at Christmas time last year, when I got free tickets from an author I work with. It was so nice and festive that my family decided to go back this year. You wouldn't necessarily think that tons of people would flock to a garden during the holidays, but they do. For two years in a row, I've been surprised at how crowded it is.

There's an indoor conservatory and greenhouses that are beautifully decorated.




The outdoor landscape is decorated too. You can buy hot chocolate to drink while strolling around looking at all of the lights.


There's a really nice restaurant on the garden grounds where they serve little flower pots of bread:

I had some sweet potato gnocchi that was delicious and tasted like the perfect winter dish.

And remember in my last post when I mentioned freeing old books through the BookCrossing program? Well, I released a book on a bench in the garden. Here I am in action:

(I'm so sneaky!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails