Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksgiving Preview: Perfect Pie Crust

I first made a pie crust from scratch a couple of years ago when someone at my work organized a pie contest. Since the rule was that everything had to be made from scratch, I took the plunge and learned how to make my own crust. The result that time looked just okay, but it tasted good enough to spoil me against using store-bought crusts.

I spent today making a crust that will be used for my dad's sweet potato pie. It has always tasted great even with the ready-made crust, but I like to think that the homemade variety puts it over the top. The crust I made today is my best one ever and came out picture perfect.

This is the "before" picture. By Thursday, it will be filled with yummy sweet potatoes and brown sugar crumb topping.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed. Mine never look that pretty. I plan on making a practice pumpkin pie this afternoon. Hopefully mine turns out as pretty as yours!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails