Wednesday, May 13, 2009

More Murakami...in alphabetical order


I recently read an interesting book of short stories, After the Quake by Haruki Murakami. After reading and enjoying After Dark, I was intrigued to read more of his work. This didn't disappoint. The stories are all very different, yet are all loosely tied to the aftermath of the massive earthquake in Kobe, Japan. A really interesting concept, overall. And I really like this weird book cover too. Like with After Dark, reading these stories makes me more interested in Japanese culture....and makes me want to read more of his work. I'm considering working my way through his books in alphabetical order by title since it seems that I've unintentionally started out that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails